Monday 24 November 2014

Reality of being sixteen

Recently turning 17 I have reflected on my days as a sixteen year old. 

  1. You don't have to be grown up, you're still a child. Have fun and don't waste the good times away.
  2. Sixteenth birthdays aren't that special. It's over-hyped and the reality is we cannot simply afford luxurious parties.
  3. Don't be a brand snob - Forget the labels and by affordable stuff. Everyday value and pound shops can be your best friend. Make the most of a limited amount of money. It's a life lesson.
  4. Being 16 is an eye-opener. You learn lots about the people you are surrounded by, some are good whilst meanwhile some are not. 
  5. Exams aren't that important. Don't bust a gut revising for exams take it slow and don't stress out. 
  6. You will have bad days but don't dwell on them. Take bad experience and make it benefit you. 
  7. Looking perfect doesn't have to be your priority. Going out without make-up or having your hair styled to perfection is the least of anyone's problems. If you feel like a potato, remember to be kawaii. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, I'm currently 16 and this makes me feel a lot better about things as I know its not just me, haha. Lovely post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a nice post! It really is reality.
    Also I love your design. Every new layout is even better then the one before. Love it!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete