Saturday 13 September 2014

It's all about blogging // Lifestyle, Followers and Post Inspiration


How do I have a successful lifestyle blog?


Source
First things first, in your first year of blogging don't try to categorise your blog. When starting a blog write about a range of posts and see which ones you find most interesting. Don't fall into the trap of writing what you think people want to see. You won't be inspired and won't make time for your blog. If you already know that your blog is defined as a lifestyle blog remember that a lifestyle blog follows different conventions to other blogs out there. Your lifestyle blog is very 'you' orientated. You write for you, what you like, what you hate, generally whatever floats your goat. In order to be a successful lifestyle blogger you need to post consistently. Create a blogging day perhaps. Stay consistent so your readers can keep up to date. Also, jump onto the social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Bloglovin', Instagram, YouYube and what not and post your links even if you think you look like you're trying too hard. 

How do I get a bigger following? 
For the last year I only had one follower. That was until this year and now I'm almost at thirty and growing which is pretty incredible. Not drastic but still incredible. I owe this down to the big bloggers/vloggers such as Zoella. Comment on their posts and follow others using the link the writer has shared. You'll gain followers pretty quick. Saying this, leave your blog URL in every comment. As I said previously jump online and take social media by the storm. Remember it's okay not to have a big follower base, as long as you are happing and enjoying your blogging experience it doesn't matter if you have 5 or 82 followers.(5 or 82 - Hannah Montana reference, no okay). 


How should I write for my blog?

As I said blogging is about writing about what interests you.
In case you have writer's block, here is some inspiration.
Think about writing as a magazine, what content are you into?

- Lookbook
- Outfit of the day
- Face of the day
- Nails of the day
- TAG's such as TMI, This or That, etc.
- Rants
- Wishlists
- Day in the life
- DIY's and Recipes
- Top 5 beauty products
- What's in the media, opinions?
- Week in photos
- What I ate
- Steal their style
- Share your life
- What I'm listening to
- What I'm loving
- Advice
- FAQ's
- Throwbacks
- Product review
- Updates
- Lists ~ based on interests and beliefs
- Life hacks
- Hauls
- Reflections
- What's on trend
& Many more.

3 comments:

  1. Great post! A lot of good ideas. Thanks for the inspiration Molly.

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! :) Thanks for all the different ideas, there's a few I wouldn't have thought about. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is so good for inspiration thanks molly!!!!! I just found you blog today and i love it! Feel free to follow us and we will do the same! Byee xx

    ReplyDelete